|Invalid Digital Signature message [message #1004]
||Thu, 12 July 2018 12:30
Registered: July 2016
When installing a Comtrol driver, you may get this messag|
"A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file <path> has an invalid digital signature.
This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt".
Why do I get this error?
Microsoft's Operating System has digital certificates. The older or un-upgraded operating systems have older certificates, newer operating systems have newer certificates. When install newer drivers (with new signatures) to an operating system with older signatures, the cab file will have issues uncompressing.
To Fix this:
Uncompress the installer on another PC that has a newer, upgraded operating system, then running the installer from there as usual. Make sure the architecture is the same between both systems (32 bit / 64 bit)
1. Find a PC that has worked in the past and is the same architecture as the
PC you're having issues with. Example: if 32bit, then you need to find 32bit.
2. Download DeviceMaster driver to the machine that has worked in the past to C:\Program Files (x86)\Comtrol\DeviceMaster
Make sure you get to the point where it says to install the drivers; it will be a small GUI with a progress bar that says proceed (please don't proceed yet click the back button). Once you reached that point, you know the folder will be set.
4. Copy the C:\Program Files(x86) \Comtrol\DeviceMaster folder to the other PC having the issues.
5. Ensure that your folder is successfully transferred into the PC with issues. Run file C:\Program Files (x86)\Comtrol\DeviceMaster\DriverWizard.exe to install the driver.
6. Now you should be able to install it without the error popping up!
100 Fifth Ave NW
Minneapolis, MN. 55112
Direct +1 763.957.6000 | +1 Fax (763) 957-6001
connect. communicate. control
[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2018 12:42]
Report message to a moderator